Throughout the wedding planning process I’ve had a few goals
- To remain as calm and relaxed as Catherine…she was the calmest bride I’ve ever known! Had 5 months to plan her wedding, never seemed to worry about anything leading up to the wedding or on the wedding day itself. She’s my bride-idol!
- To keep things as an affordable as possible. Just because you place the word wedding, bride, or bridal before a word does not mean that the price needs to double, triple, or quadruple! I’ll do something myself before I overpay for something!
- I want to go on a great honeymoon! Of all the wedding things we’ll do, this is probably what we’ll remember the most. Yes, I could spend tens of thousands on an event that lasts a few hours or spend a few thousand on a trip that last several days….i’ll take the trip!
- I want a nice invitation that sets the stage and gives a preview to the theme of our wedding day. And just like all things before, I don’t want it to cost an arm and a leg.
So this brings me to the point of this post. Through most of the planning process I’ve remained fairly calm….not quite Catherine calm, but calm for me.
- Wedding Dress: Found the dress on the first and only day I went shopping with my mom, stepmom, and cousin Meg. No worries that day, knocked dresses off the list, and settled on one that day.
- Ceremony Location: I knew exactly where I was getting married, at Z and I’s home church. Easy, stress-free decision.
- Reception Location: Originally planned on my dad and stepmom’s house, but decided that it was best to do things indoors rather than chance the weather. Moved things to a beautiful indoor location! Easy, stress-free decision.
I’m not one of those girls that has a dream wedding color, bridesmaid dress style, flower, etc…I’ve known from day one what I didn’t like, liked, but had nothing that my heart was dead-set on…
- Bridesmaid dress: Managed to get 4 of the 6 bridesmaids together for shopping and picking out their dress (I didn’t care if they picked different styles) and the color they all liked. Turned out that the girls all settled on one dress that they picked out and looked stunning on all of them. They decided to go with eggplant as the color because it would look great at one of the picture locations. Easy, stress-free decision.
- INVITATIONS: This is where calm, Catherine-inspired, relaxed Crystal lost it. This was not an easy, stress-free decision. How in the world could there be so many choices?! How in the world could invitations cost this much?! How in the world was I supposed to sort through BINDERS of invitations at Party City without losing my mind?!
To be continued….